Saturday, May 8, 2010

Why am I making all these cakes, you ask?

A few months ago I was diagnosed with Mono. Yeah I know, gross, whatever. So anyway before I had mono I only watched 3 shows - The Office, V, and Grey's Anatomy. But when I suddenly found myself on the couch all the time, I was forced to find some new shows. By the grace of God I came across the most awesome of all reality tv shows - Cake Boss! I am now a huge fan of Cake Boss. So the show made me think about cake all the time, because I really do love cake. If I could eat any desert all of the time, it would be cake. I love it.

So it started with a rose nail. I discovered that this cake decorating stuff is actually really doable and fun! It's super time consuming and tiring but at the same time it's relaxing and for me, a good de-stressor. It's a great way to get my mind off of things when I need to. The best part is it makes people really happy and I love that. It's a thoughtful and creative way to send a little blessing to someone.

Will I ever get into the cake decorating business, you ask?
If I ever get good enough, and if people actually want to pay me to make cakes, then maybe! Time will tell... But if I ever do start a business, it will definitely be called "My Dream Come True Cakes" for reasons I may choose to reveal to you by posting a video at a later time...

No comments:

Post a Comment